BIRDS IN DURHAM BOOK - COMPLETE AVIFAUNA

in Birds & Birding Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:09 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Hi Folks,
Iíve been asked to post this on behalf of The Durham Bird Club. Iím sure anyone who does decide to purchase will find it to be a fantastic publication & well worth the cover price.

Cheers,
Dougie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to update anyone interested, the new 'Birds of Durham' book will be available at two places this coming weekend:
Whitburn CP - Saturday 10am to 12pm. (next to the ringing hut, north end of coastal park)
Rainton Meadows - Sunday 12pm to 2pm. (at visitor centre)

To confirm, the sale of the book is intended to be non-profit making for Durham Bird Club. As the book was only possible due to a grant from the Heritage Lottery, all profits will go back into community/heritage projects involving birds/birding in the county of Durham.

In case you can't get to a sale point, you can order by post. Here is a link to an order form on the DBC website (which also has a bit of info on the book):http://www.durhambirdclub.org/articl...order-form.pdf

For anyone who ordered in advance, deliveries are being arranged over the coming days and you should have yours very soon.

Feedback has been very positive so far, and at £30 (£25 for DBC/TBC/DWT/NHSN members) for nearly 1100 pages of a ground-breaking publication, it represents excellent value for money.

Mark

Last edited Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:15 pm | Scroll up

RE: BIRDS IN DURHAM BOOK - COMPLETE AVIFAUNA

in Birds & Birding Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm
by jarradug | 154 Posts

I'm after this book but the above link dosn't seem to work. Any other ways I can buy it?

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

Doug

Don't know if you can access the Durham Bird Club site If you can there are contact details on there. If you get stuck I should be able to get you a copy. It is an impressive read

Last edited Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 pm | Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:57 pm
by jarradug | 154 Posts

Thanks Paul. I can pop down and collect anywhere cheers

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:37 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Hi Dug,

Please send me your home address (via PM) as Mark Newsome (DBC county recorder) has very kindly offered to deliver a copy to you.

Cheers,
Dougie.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:54 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

Quote: Dougie wrote in post #5
Hi Dug,

Please send me your home address (via PM) as Mark Newsome (DBC county recorder) has very kindly offered to deliver a copy to you.

Cheers,
Dougie.

Dug I had arranged to pick a copy up for you but as Mark will deliver to your house and it will save me the initial £30 fork out I'll let him do the honours. Make sure he signs it as one of the main contributors he may be famous one day.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Hi Paul,
Apologies for that mate Ė I didnít mean to chuck a spanner in the works.
Cheers,
Dougie.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

Quote: Dougie wrote in post #7
Hi Paul,
Apologies for that mate Ė I didnít mean to chuck a spanner in the works.
Cheers,
Dougie.

Hey Dougie don't worry, it saves me a bit of work plus I've already put my back out lifting my copy

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:45 pm
by jarradug | 154 Posts

Mark just delivered my copy. Looks a cracker. Many thanks for the help.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: