RE: Bird Sightings in General

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 pm
by keithmc | 318 Posts

didnt see any rings on the photos i took miller

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm
by miller08 | 8 Posts

my number is 07842494950 if u ring me wen u see it al come straight over very worried coz rspb will destroy it if they find out these can be very dangerous birds thanks

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 pm
by miller08 | 8 Posts

just found out the lad sold her onto sum1 in sunderland this is more than likely oscar av got pics but wont let me upload them

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:36 pm
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Great shots Keith - Hope he gets back to his owner though

---------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Derek

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:12 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Could any traps etc. be placed to capture the Eagle owl???? sure the lure of a easy meal could be used. Plenty of us on this site I am sure will be willing to help.

Cracking views today of the adult Iceland gull at old roker pier.

Attached pictures:
iceland gull..JPG

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Last edited Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 pm | Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 pm
by DCJ | 64 Posts

"Could any traps etc. be placed to capture the Eagle owl???? sure the lure of a easy meal could be used. Plenty of us on this site I am sure will be willing to help."

Aye.

Wouldnt like to see the prats at the rspb shoot it, crying shame.

(it's attacking birders/twitchers! Well trained then )

Last edited Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:31 pm | Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm
by miller08 | 8 Posts

yeh fresh meat is defo the only way a ever dun it gunna hav a walk up t c if a can c her try c if she go for meat, i will keep yous updated guna c if a can c any rings first, thanks

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:59 pm

I know nothing about keeping BOPS in captivity or how they can be sold on etc. Does a national register exist to record who has ownership of "A" ringed/captive bred bird.?

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

Steve

Either do I but i would hope there would be to prevent any possible illegal trading and I'm sure genuine owners would want the same

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:15 pm
by miller08 | 8 Posts

yes ring number will be registerd with defra there will be a owner of this bird am just tryin t make sure nothing or no one gets harmed as i hav experience and if i did manage to get the bird t my hand it wud be DEFRA i wud contact straight away these are very rare owls an when i registerd my owl there was only 11 registerd i still hav my documents and think it is more than likely the same one

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Originally posted by miller08
yes ring number will be registerd with defra there will be a owner of this bird am just tryin t make sure nothing or no one gets harmed as i hav experience and if i did manage to get the bird t my hand it wud be DEFRA i wud contact straight away these are very rare owls an when i registerd my owl there was only 11 registerd i still hav my documents and think it is more than likely the same one

Sounds like the first course of action is to get this Owl lured and captured(if possible) and then the ownership etc. can be determained from this. This may involve a few days of baiting etc. and have to include other folk with knowledge of captive BOPS etc.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:25 pm
by miller08 | 8 Posts

yeh thats what a was thinkin got sum day old chicks see if a can do anything with those maybe go out early morning see if a can see anything

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:44 pm
by miller08 | 8 Posts

been up, at first cudnt see anything, so stood still and started callin, throwin chick up in the air then WOW out of kno wer ther she came was not intrested in the chick,she perched on the wall an hooted at me, sat for about about hour an half till magpie flew past and started mockin so she flew away, defiantly got eyelets and rings

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:19 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Originally posted by miller08
been up, at first cudnt see anything, so stood still and started callin, throwin chick up in the air then WOW out of kno wer ther she came was not intrested in the chick,she perched on the wall an hooted at me, sat for about about hour an half till magpie flew past and started mockin so she flew away, defiantly got eyelets and rings

Have you got a plan how to capture the bird?

I know that you thought that the owl is very hungry but the sightings of the owl go back to at least November last year so she must be feeding on something. Plus if she is ignoring your offer of food I think she is pretty well fed.

Do you need any help with trying to capture the bird?

Brian

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: