RE: CCG AUTUMN/WINTER TALKS

in General Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

I loved the talk last night, it was like being at school - but interesting! Obviously I'm not from the area like most of you lot so it wasnt quite as 'personal' but it was still absolutely fascinating.

http://jthompblog.blogspot.com/

Scroll up

RE: General Chat

in General Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:07 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Introduction of offence of vicarious liability for raptor persecution in England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scotland, recognising that those who persecute birds of prey frequently do so at the direction of their employers or others with vested interests, has introduced an offence of vicarious liability, the purpose of which is to bring those parties to justice. This petition calls on the government to introduce an offence of vicarious liability to bring to justice those who direct or turn a blind eye to raptor persecution in England. As an indication of how bad thing are, in the last year only four pairs of hen harriers successfully reared chicks in England, fourteen peregrine falcon territories failed on grouse moors in Lancs forest of Bowland, and only one successful goshawk nest was recorded in the Derwent Valley, Derbyshire. Current legislation is not enough to deter those who break the law and destroy our heritage; the introduction of vicarious liability would hit those directing the slaughter.

Sign it here, please -https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/23089.

(posted on the N/land bf thread by someone I know).

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Last edited Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:13 pm | Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts
Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:53 am
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Steve

I am not sure what this petition is trying to achieve as vicarious liability already exists within in England and is a well established tort within civil law. Here is a definition I got from online:-

"The tort doctrine that imposes responsibility upon one person for the failure of another, with whom the person has a special relationship (such as Parent and Child, employer and employee, or owner of vehicle and driver), to exercise such care as a reasonably prudent person would use under similar circumstances.

Vicarious liability is a legal doctrine that assigns liability for an injury to a person who did not cause the injury but who has a particular legal relationship to the person who did act negligently. It is also referred to as imputed Negligence. Legal relationships that can lead to imputed negligence include the relationship between parent and child, Husband and Wife, owner of a vehicle and driver, and employer and employee. Ordinarily the independent negligence of one person is not imputable to another person."

Civil law is not made by government but by judges ruling on civil cases.

Is the petition trying move vicarious liability from civil to criminal law?

Brian

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:39 pm
by keithmc | 318 Posts

big tides today never seen the groyne under water before

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 groyne_.jpg 

Last edited Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:40 pm | Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:29 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Thats amazing Keith and a first for me also seeing it under water. I have seen it a couple of feet from the top but never submerged before. I'm sure someone will tell us differently though especially the "aud uns" on here.

John

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:13 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Looked In Gazette.for height of Tide,It was 5.3 mtr's this morning,I wonder If It's a bigger tide tomorrow. P.S. Is tide table still available on this site,or am I skipping past It somehow.

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:32 pm
by keithmc | 318 Posts

tides 5.2m tomorrow sid but it will be dark 17.15pm, i use easytide on the net it gives you 7 days predictions. ive fished on that pier for nearly 30 year and ive never seen it submerged john. me dad was fishing there today, he rang me so i went and had a look. he's never seen it before either but his mate said he has only seen it once before, canny few year back like.

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Originally posted by keithmc
tides 5.2m tomorrow sid but it will be dark 17.15pm, i use easytide on the net it gives you 7 days predictions. ive fished on that pier for nearly 30 year and ive never seen it submerged john. me dad was fishing there today, he rang me so i went and had a look. he's never seen it before either but his mate said he has only seen it once before, canny few year back like.

Cheer's Keith,I've also spent lot's of time on pier (few year ago),(course fishing now),I don't think I've ever seen the groyne under water........Global Warming.

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Originally posted by keithmc
big tides today never seen the groyne under water before

Thats something you don't see everyday!....wow..well done getting the shot.

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Originally posted by Brian.G
Steve

I am not sure what this petition is trying to achieve as vicarious liability already exists within in England and is a well established tort within civil law. Here is a definition I got from online:-

"The tort doctrine that imposes responsibility upon one person for the failure of another, with whom the person has a special relationship (such as Parent and Child, employer and employee, or owner of vehicle and driver), to exercise such care as a reasonably prudent person would use under similar circumstances.

Vicarious liability is a legal doctrine that assigns liability for an injury to a person who did not cause the injury but who has a particular legal relationship to the person who did act negligently. It is also referred to as imputed Negligence. Legal relationships that can lead to imputed negligence include the relationship between parent and child, Husband and Wife, owner of a vehicle and driver, and employer and employee. Ordinarily the independent negligence of one person is not imputable to another person."

Civil law is not made by government but by judges ruling on civil cases.

Is the petition trying move vicarious liability from civil to criminal law?

Brian

The way I see it is folk who are employed by land owners who are known to kill/ harm /discourage any BOPS on the land they work upon have the freedom of disclosing this type of activity without feeling "honest bond" to thier employer.???? Just my thoughts.

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:36 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Originally posted by Jarra Sid
P.S. Is tide table still available on this site,or am I skipping past It somehow.

Hi Sid

I took the decision of removing the Tyne Tide link as it wasn't getting used enough and thought of adding other links in instead but if enough people want it back then I don't mind.

Regards

John

Last edited Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:36 pm | Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:41 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Originally posted by johnsulli

Originally posted by Jarra Sid
P.S. Is tide table still available on this site,or am I skipping past It somehow.

Hi Sid

I took the decision of removing the Tyne Tide link as it wasn't getting used enough and thought of adding other links in instead but if enough people want it back then I don't mind.

Regards

John

Okay John,I was just wondering If I was missing the page.

Scroll up

in General Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 pm
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

There was a 5.7m tide at the end of September so this is a bit puzzling, maybe an onshore wind gave it a boost? There are pics on twitter of the quayside at Newcastle and that's underwater as well!

http://www.robadairpetcare.co.uk

Scroll up

in General Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:01 am
by jason | 255 Posts
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: