in General Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Nice photos Bob

Brian

Scroll up

RE: General Chat

in General Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 am
by Berb | 133 Posts

Thanks Brian,hopefully catch up Saturday night.

Bob

Scroll up

RE: Beach clean up

in General Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:36 pm
by Maeve | 7 Posts

Hey how did the beach clean go? They did a similar one here in Durham which I couldn't go to but I believe that they collected a mountain of rubbish! Its amazing what you can find once you start looking! I have to say that it is addictive and now I've taken to bring a rubbish bag with me when I visit a beach (along with some wet wips and some antibac gel stuff!!). Hope ye had a good weekend!

Scroll up

RE: Beach clean up

in General Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:05 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

It went well thanks Maeve.
I haven't received the official figures yet but about 15 volunteers turned up for the event and collected a canny few bags of rubbish, along with logging tidal crap washed up.. This was from Jackies beach and also Marsden bay.
Really enjoyable couple of hours spent along our fantastic coastline and making a difference.

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Last edited Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:06 pm | Scroll up

Organised trips out of South Tyneside.

in General Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Hi all
As the winter season is fast approaching and no get togethers have been organised for trips further a-field. I thought I would open this up to the wider audience to take part in this discussion regarding these future events. One or two sites have been mentioned for visiting which are firm favourites at certain times of the year.

So I will start the ball rolling, hows about-

October-Holy island and the Northumberland coastline......always a lovely place to visit and the attraction of returning geese,waders and other sea birds along with rarer birds makes this a no brainer in my eyes.

November- Teeside area. Saltholme rspb., Greetham creek, Hartlepool head land etc. - Always a full day here.

December- open for discussion as all these sugguestions are.

January- Caerlaverock area- Fantasic this time of year with huge numbers of geese. (plus a certain bird race in ST to think about ).

Febuary-Maybe back up the Northumberland coastline looking for Grebes etc. off Stag rocks.?

March- Langdon beck area( Teesdale and Weardale), Hopefully Black grouse and other species which like these parts. (Maybe April might be better?) also Hamsterly and lower barns on this visit.

April/May - back to Teesdale and Weardale or visit to Blacktoft sands.?

All these like i have mentioned are open for discussion and other ideas's are welcomed.
Car share will be sorted and any folk who do not drive will be accomadated....so who's interested?

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Scroll up

RE: Organised trips out of South Tyneside.

in General Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Steve,

Definitely count me in just depends on days and dates for me. My car is availble for those who don't have a lift.

April/May I think Blacktoft and Bempton.

Brian

Scroll up

in General Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:03 pm
by red | 51 Posts

Definitely count me and irine in if possible.

Scroll up

in General Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:01 pm
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Just got back from a fortnight in Egypt - took my little point and shoot camera thinking there might be plenty of stuff to go for in and around the hotel complex.

Anyway plenty butterflies and dragonflies which didn't settle at all and lots of flying raptors of some description but unfortunately didn't have the camera to hand when they overflew at a photographable altitude

Decided to have a walk along a bit of beach out the back of hotel which was pretty quiet as i'd seen a couple of birds flying at different times of day - guess what i found, yep a bloody Kingfisher (these fellas follow me everywhere) perched on a stick at the edge of the second saltiest sea in the world

There was a couple of blokes trying to sell camel rides to any unsuspecting holidaymaker passing their shack

Couple of pictures;

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 09-21-11-3204-DSC01467.jpg 
 09-21-11-3226-DSC01489.jpg 
 09-21-11-3218-DSC01481.jpg 

---------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Derek

Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 am
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Had a great night out last night in the Steamboat. Good crack while the beer flowed as well as a little bit forward planning for days out :-)

Brian

Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:54 am
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi Jason
Just to let everyone know its the big 40 today for you so have a good one.

John

Last edited Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 am | Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 am
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Have a great birthday Jason - you old bugger - LOL

---------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Derek

Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:37 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Happy 40th Jason.-don't get too drunk.

Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Happy 40th Jason and I hope that you enjoy it.

Brian

Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:28 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Yes, thanks for pointing that out John, very nice of you! Thank you to you and everybody else for the ''happy birthdays''.

Scroll up

in General Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 pm
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Count me in (work permitting) and I'll also have space in the car. Maybe a run across to the Wirral for Hilbre Island / Red Rocks / Thurstaston and Inner Marsh Farm at Burton Mere would also be a no brainer?

http://www.robadairpetcare.co.uk

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: