RE: Nice evening at Washington wwt

in General Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:57 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

He doesnt look 47 does he? 57 maybe...........!

Scroll up

in General Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

He must of had big paper round,lol. Happy Birthday Steve.

Scroll up

in General Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 pm
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Happy Birthday Steve

---------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Derek

Scroll up

RE: General Chat

in General Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 am
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Originally posted by Jarra Sid
He must of had big paper round,lol. Happy Birthday Steve.

I think he had the service stations on the M6

Last edited Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 am | Scroll up

Souter lighthouse festival.

in General Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:54 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Hi all

The Souter lighthose festival takes place this Sunday coming...July the 3rd. Starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm.

Our group The Coastal Conservation Group are holding a stall here on this day which will include nest boxes, books and photographs for sale.
Some of the groups members will be on hand to explain about the work we are involved in and two walks are arranged on this day.(11am & 2pm).

If anyone fancies popping along to the festival we will be pleased to see you's.

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Scroll up

RE: Souter lighthouse festival.

in General Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:47 am
by sless | 150 Posts

on me way up the noo

Scroll up

in General Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 pm
by JohnP | 5 Posts

Just back from Rampton Steve, sorry l missed it weather looked good. Will you give those of us who could'nt make it a short report ?

Cheers

John

Scroll up

in General Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

A cracking day at the festival today, burnt necks,heads,calfs and arms with some of us.!.

We arrived this morning at just before 8am to find we had the place all to ourselves almost. We quickly sprang into action and by about 9 the stall, books and case, notice boards and banners were in place. About 30 Moths were on display from the moth trapping this morning which held alot of interest.
By 10 we were all thinking were's the rest of the stalls? only about 6 others were set up plus a bouncy castle and a few other attractions. But it was a great day neverless.(apart from that bloody foghorn!(not Andrew)).About 40 odd people took part in the rock pool ramble.
We had lots of interest from folk wandering around the site and generally interested in the projects we are involved in. Brilliant to see locals that we know and non-locals alike pop into to see us and give support.
Plus we fitted another piece of the jigsaw together with the funding application by getting folk to fill in a small questionare asking about the Whitburn point project.
And we raised over £130 from the sale of nest boxes,feeders,seed,books and photo's.

Safe to say we were all well knackered by the time we had packed everything away at the end of the day.

Caption for pic. 2 please....and no its not a fly tipper.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 2011-07-03_13-35-29_264 1 (Medium).JPG 
 2011-07-03_10-35-56_319 1 (Medium).JPG 
 2011-07-03_10-54-22_13 1 (Medium).JPG 

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:13 pm | Scroll up

in General Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:50 am
by Berb | 133 Posts

Well done lads,good to see the weather was kind to you all on the day,its lashing rain out here i S/pore

Scroll up

in General Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:31 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

John,

Good to see you selling the nest boxes and feeders on the website.

Well done. When are the pictures planned?

Brian

Scroll up

in General Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Thanks Brian I suddenly had a brainwave this afternoon to advertise them on the site. I don't have a box to photograph them as the one I bought at the festival is in the hospital trying to drum up orders. If you have any photographs of the said items I would be glad if you could email me.

Regards
John

Scroll up

in General Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

Originally posted by johnsulli
Thanks Brian I suddenly had a brainwave this afternoon to advertise them on the site. I don't have a box to photograph them as the one I bought at the festival is in the hospital trying to drum up orders. If you have any photographs of the said items I would be glad if you could email me.

Regards
John

Unfortunately I don't but I have e-mailed Dougie and Steve to see if either of them have any.

Brian

Scroll up

Don Valley/Jarrow Slake.

in General Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:32 pm
by red | 51 Posts

In the don valley today Whitethroat,Blackcap,Blackbird.Jarrow Slake held 2 Common Sandpiper,Grey heron,and 2 Shellduck.
With lots of Swallow along the don road,allso Willow Warbler,Blackcap,and a family party of Goldfinch.

Scroll up

RE: Don Valley/Jarrow Slake.

in General Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:10 am
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Quiet along don valley this morning,Along Don Road 9 redshank, 3 Curlew,1 Swan,lot's of gull's,2 tern. Goldfinch, Blackcap.

Scroll up

RE: Don Valley/Jarrow Slake.

in General Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:57 pm
by red | 51 Posts

Osprey over Jarrow this evening at 6 16pm,heading towards the river tyne.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: