RE: General Chat

in General Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Fly tipping really pees me off. We had a huge pile of building rubble dumped in front of the gate to the horses field (Newton Garth approach road) which would have took days to move if we didn't know a lad with heavy plant gear. Sudder to think what would have happened if we'd needed to get to them quick for vet treatment etc? Even the huge fines and the risk of imprisonment doesn't deter the meatheads ...bladder at boiling point ...

http://snackdahl.blogspot.com/

Last edited Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:50 am | Scroll up

in General Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Originally posted by Jarra Sid
Don't know If this Is the place to put this post,This Is what we came across yesterday along Don Road.Police In attendance.They notified council.

Just to say all this rubbish has been cleared away.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_0909-2.JPG 

Last edited Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 pm | Scroll up

in General Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Email update from 38 degrees this morning. Nearly 40,000 have now signed the petition against government plans to scrap key protections for wildlife, the environment and the countryside. If anyone hasn't signed yet, now is the time.

The government has branded protection for the conservation, wildlife and countryside as "red tape". That means, without public outcry, we could see laws scrapped that:

protect wild birds, their nests and eggs
protect national parks and footpaths
prevent smog and air pollution
protect footpaths and access to the countryside
keep the government on track with tackling climate change

The government consultation makes it clear: "the default presumption is that burdensome regulations will go". So we need to speak up! Let's get more names on this petition, and prove that the British public don't think it's "red tape" to be looking after our countryside, wildlife and environment.

http://snackdahl.blogspot.com/

Scroll up

in General Sun May 01, 2011 9:39 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Not sure where to post this photo.? so posted it on here.
Testo's pond today we seen a largish orange carp (a fisherman here pointed it out). Latter we witnessed thousands of smaller fish around the edges here including this one...maybe a off-spring of the orange carp?

Attached pictures:
 Poss.orange carp. (Small).JPG 

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Last edited Sun May 01, 2011 9:40 pm | Scroll up

in General Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Originally posted by Steve Egglestone
Testo's pond today we seen a largish orange carp (a fisherman here pointed it out). Latter we witnessed thousands of smaller fish around the edges here including this one...maybe a off-spring of the orange carp?

The Koi Carp that you mention has been In this lake for roughly 15 or more year's,There was 2 of them originally,I don't know what happened to the other one.I took this photo over at Testo's a couple of week's ago,If you look closely you can see 2 Carp,They were spawning.

Attached pictures:
 100_4302-1.JPG 

Last edited Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 pm | Scroll up

in General Sun May 01, 2011 10:52 pm

The Koi Carp that you mention has been In this lake for roughly 15 or more year's,There was 2 of them originally,I don't know what happened to the other one.I took this photo over at Testo's a couple of week's ago,If you look closely you can see 2 Carp,They were spawning.

Nice photo Sid!... the one we seen today was almost "goldfish orange" Ive seen large carp in here before. I believe the two you have spawning are Mirrow crap.????

Scroll up

in General Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Nice photo Sid!... the one we seen today was almost "goldfish orange" Ive seen large carp in here before. I believe the two you have spawning are Mirrow crap.????

Yes Steve,The 2 Fish that used to be In the lake where Orange but as I said on my previous post,I don't know what happened to the other one,The Carp photographed look like Mirrow Carp,( not crap what you called them)

Scroll up

in General Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Yes Steve,The 2 Fish that used to be In the lake where Orange but as I said on my previous post,I don't know what happened to the other one,The Carp photographed look like Mirrow Carp,( not crap what you called them)

Thats me and my typo./ grammer etc...lol.. Hoping a Otter might put on a show here one day with all the fish in this pond.
Beware of the male Mute here in a few weeks time!...

Last edited Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 pm | Scroll up

in General Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 am
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

That reminds when I was looking for a fishing rod on e-bay a couple of week ago someone had a "Crap fishing rod" for sale, needless to say the person didn't have any bids on it.

I sent the person a message to point out the error.

Brian

Scroll up

in General Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 am
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

This photography walk on 14th May in Chopwell Woods might be of interest.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/ourwo...PhotographyWalk

Brian

Scroll up

Bat Event and Training Course

in General Mon May 09, 2011 3:01 pm
by Clare | 63 Posts

Hi Folks,
This Thursday 12th May, I'm running a bat walk along the River Don in Boldon. All are welcome to this free public event and there is no need to book. Simply come along to the meeting place, the bridge on North Road (near Watson Terrace), Boldon Colliery at 8:45pm. No equipment is necessary, please dress for the weather and wear stout footwear.
If you have any queries, please contact Clare Rawcliffe, Countryside Officer on 0191 424 7423 by email at countryside@southtyneside.gov.uk , or on the night on 07747 475915.

If your interest in bats runs a little deeper, you may be interested in a course happening next Thurday 19th May in Jesmond Dene. The course is an introductory workshop on the National Bat Monitoring Project (NBMP)and the main part is a session on using heterodyne bat detectors and help identifying different species. There are still places left at the moment.
More information about the course and the NBMP can be found here:
http://www.bats.org.uk/pages/introductor..._workshops.html

Thanks
Clare

Scroll up

in General Tue May 10, 2011 9:13 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Seen what they've done along St.Paul's Church,I notified the workmen last week that Whitethroat were nesting In that area,They said they would let their boss know,So I don't know If they've just had to cut It anyway,,All the bramble's that were In this area have also been cut right down to the ground.

Attached pictures:
 IMG_1127.JPG 
 IMG_1129.JPG 

Last edited Tue May 10, 2011 9:14 pm | Scroll up

in General Tue May 10, 2011 9:55 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi Sid
I can't understand why they choose to cut the brambles and grass back in areas like this I always understood that it was good habitat for wildlife.

Maybe the council have too much money to spend or perhaps there is a genuine reason for why they have done it.

John

Scroll up

in General Tue May 10, 2011 10:14 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Originally posted by johnsulli
Hi Sid
I can't understand why they choose to cut the brambles and grass back in areas like this I always understood that it was good habitat for wildlife.

Maybe the council have too much money to spend or perhaps there is a genuine reason for why they have done it.

John

The only reason I can think of Is because of the bid for St.Paul's for The World Heritage Bid, But I think they could of left this for a couple of week's,I don't know what they 'll do about tidying up beside bungalow as that Is Church ground's.

Scroll up

in General Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Just to let everyone know that myself, Dougie & Steve are away to Mull for a week. I'm sure the world will cope without us!!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: