Page 3 of 84 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 84 next Page

RE: General Chat

in General Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 am
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Zitat von Environmentalist
I have done some research about CRB checks and came up with the following:-

Am I entitled to a free of charge CRB check?

A free of charge CRB check will be issued if you can meet the volunteer criteria:

The Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations 2002 defines a volunteer as:

"volunteer" means a person engaged in an activity which involves spending time, unpaid (except for travel and other approved out-of-pocket expenses), doing something which aims to benefit some third party other than or in addition to a close relative.

As we can get them free should we apply for one for everyone who wants one or should we stick to three?

Brian

Hi Brian

There's no harm in everyone having a CRB if they want one, and I suppose it is only the members
who are going to be involved with public on the walks so I would think we should discuss it
at the next meeting.

Scroll up

in General Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 pm
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

I would imagine that you should get CRB checks done free for volunteering. I got mine free when our lass was looking into becoming a childminder and everyone in the house over 16 had to be checked. She had to have 2 separate CRB checks done for her job in Sunderland and for her childminding which would have been in South Shields as they were different authorities, even though both are done through Northumbria Police, so it might be worth checking this out if you intend to do activities outside of South Tyneside?

Scroll up

RE: LOCAL SIGHTINGS

in General Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi All
As you will have seen at the start page I have added separate areas to post on anything and every thing in
what I think are the most talked about subjects for the group. If you have any other ideas for an area let me
know and I will add it to the Forum.

Regards

John

Scroll up

in General Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi All

Just wondered if I could have your opinion on the new front of the Forum the way it is split into Topics.

Do you prefer the old style or the new style.

Your views would be appreciated.

Scroll up

in General Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Hi Folks,

Just a quickie, as Im going to try to upload my first photos on here and dont really know what to do.

Had an hour in Trow this afternoon, and got cracking views of male Kestrel taking earthworms well worth popping down for.

Cheers, Dougie.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_1535.JPG 
 IMG_1574.JPG 
 IMG_1587.JPG 
 IMG_1573.JPG 

Last edited Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm | Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:56 am
by Berb | 133 Posts

Lovely shots Dougie of a super bird.

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:59 am
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Have to agree with Berb, cracking photo's Doug.

All of a sudden the Kestrel seems to be tolerating people getting close to it and allowing photo's
to be taken at close range.

Regards

John

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 pm
by No name specified • ( Guest )

My concern is we should have the CRB checks in place before the walks begin in April. The application process can take quite some time depending upon how busy they are and I don't know if those CRB checks that have to be paid for have preference over applications for free checks.

The next CCG meeting is almost 4 weeks away which is a long time to wait as we need to know how many application forms we need, get them all completed and sent off along with any required documentation. I thought if we started the process now hopefully we could have the CRB checks in place for April.

As this is not compulsory for any of the committee or officials I don't want to embarass anyone who doesn't want one and what I would suggest is those that do should send me an e-mail.

Does anyone agree or disagree?

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:56 pm
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

John with reference to post number 26 that was from me as I thought I was logged in but wasn't. I didn't realise guests could post on this forum but I think we will have to be careful what we discuss in terms of CCG business.

Brian

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:04 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Interesting point Brian about non-members being able to post, sure John will be able to sort this out.
Ive only sent invites to the folks I know I can trust regarding the presence of the site after John asked me to, and yes we have to be carefull still what we post regards the CCG business.

I have no problems with a CRB check being carried out for myself(unless apple raiding counts against me )

I received a cheque today from the DBC for £100 for the group.... This money has came from Paul Hindness but because we are not a registered charity its had to go through the clubs books to keep Pauls business account right.

On the subject of being a charity June Valante emailed me yesterday to say she is working on the Constitution and trying to get the wording right in the document so if we do become a registered charity in the future the Constitution will not need to be changed.

Also if (when) we do get the funding for the planned development at Whitburn she wants to look into us becoming a registered charity.

Last edited Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:05 pm | Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 pm
by Mick Reavey | 36 Posts

Nice to see Derek (spawnicus) has joined the merry throng (stop getting excited Dougie, I said throng, not thong)

Mick

Adveho glorificus dies

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:43 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi All

Several members have expressed concerns that non members can post on the Forum so I have restricted posting to Members only.

Regards

John

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Hi all - Dougie sent the link to join so picked up straight away...

Well done John getting this up and running - just need to get used to how it works :-)

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:26 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Welcome Derek - good to see you here mate

I think we're all just 'finding our way' with the new format/layout of the forum.

I'm sure things will become second nature and much clearer to everyone after a while

Cheers, Dougie.

Scroll up

in General Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:27 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi Derek
I don't think you will have a problem getting to grips with the Forum a man of your calibrate :-)

Regards

John

PS
Also PM ed you.

Scroll up

Page 3 of 84 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 84 next Page

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: