Glad you can come along.

Regards

John

Scroll up

RE: Climate change and the Northeast Coast

in General Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:33 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

John

I'd like to come along as well It is becoming a very important discussion point.

Paul

Scroll up

in General Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi Paul
You only have to walk along the beach in Marsden Bay and surrounding area to see the effects.

Scroll up

RE: General Chat

in General Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:53 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi All
I would just like to say we are getting some great photographs in the Galleries and are a joy to look at, so thanks everyone for their contributions

Scroll up

in General Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:49 pm
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Probably not really relevant to the website (if you need to delete this John no probs) but I'd just like to apologise for not being around for the last month or so (this includes topping up the feeders at the cem). I've had a **** of a month starting with a pointless and compulsory 2 week "back to work" course with the dole to keep my NI contributions in order. Then the grandson gets Chickenpox (I had to babysit so my eldest daughter could attend college as the creche wouldn't have him) followed by my youngest son also getting Chickenpox and then to top it all, my wife finds a "lump" and we have to go to the QE in Gateshead for tests (results due on Monday) so I've been a bit pre-occupied with other things and pretty much housebound.

I know this sounds selfish but I'm really looking forward to a bit time on my own to just wander around with the bins and camera after a 4 week stint indoors.

http://snackdahl.blogspot.com/

Scroll up

in General Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 am
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

I thought I noticed you hadn't posted Rob so much of late but kind of thought it may have been down to the wetoe cem feeders dropping off or something.

Sorry to hear about your probs and hope everything turns out OK, I guess thats just the way it goes when you have family and most of us with family know, you have to priortise yor life. Family always come first.

Birds, wildlife and everything else will hang on till you catch up.

Regards

John

Scroll up

in General Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:10 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Thanks John, that sort of puts things into perspective and makes me feel a lot better

Scroll up

in General Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:19 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Originally posted by Rob Adair
Probably not really relevant to the website (if you need to delete this John no probs) but I'd just like to apologise for not being around for the last month or so (this includes topping up the feeders at the cem). I've had a **** of a month starting with a pointless and compulsory 2 week "back to work" course with the dole to keep my NI contributions in order. Then the grandson gets Chickenpox (I had to babysit so my eldest daughter could attend college as the creche wouldn't have him) followed by my youngest son also getting Chickenpox and then to top it all, my wife finds a "lump" and we have to go to the QE in Gateshead for tests (results due on Monday) so I've been a bit pre-occupied with other things and pretty much housebound.

I know this sounds selfish but I'm really looking forward to a bit time on my own to just wander around with the bins and camera after a 4 week stint indoors.

Hope you are out and about soon Rob and all the family issues are minor one's.
Told Jan to stop topping the feeders up a couple of days back and I will be taking the rest down tomorrow to clean or replace. Do you want me to take the one's down you placed and clean ? no bother if you prefer to do this. I plan on starting to feed again here maybe in July/August but I am easy if anyone else fancies starting feeding before this.
Will keep you updated regards the council visit when I get word mate.

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Scroll up

in General Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Hi Rob,
No apologies necessary, hope you’re out ‘n’ about soon mate.
Best wishes to you & yours.
Cheers, Dougie.

Scroll up

in General Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 pm
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Originally posted by Rob Adair
to top it all, my wife finds a "lump" and we have to go to the QE in Gateshead for tests (results due on Monday) so I've been a bit pre-occupied with other things and pretty much housebound.

Hi Rob - family always takes precedence mate, got to take care of the loved ones.... Hope everything goes well on Monday and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for your missus.. Don't feel selfish - you deserve a bit of you time - so when you get a chance, get yourself out and really enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Derek

Scroll up

in General Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:36 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Thanks for the kind words lads, that's what I love about the select few who have signed up and post on this website, you'll are friendly and genuine good mates who look out for each other.

Scroll up

in General Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am
by Maeve | 7 Posts

Hi all,
Its great to see such interest in this event. I think it will be a great opportunity to have your say on whats happening on your coast and it will provide an opportunity to make some connections with people to keep track of future events in the area. The closed car park is only the start maybe?

I will organise a rough agenda soon and ask John to post it so you have something concrete to work with and can see the plan for the evening.

I hope everyone had fun in the sun at the weekend! It was lovely! I took a cycle to south shields beach and though it was a bit windy it was still packed there! Can't beat a bit of sun on a weekend!

See you soon,
Maeve.

Scroll up

in General Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Hi Maeve
Thanks for the input and look forward to the agenda you put together so we can can have the event sooner rather than later as the holidays will be coming up shortly.

I would have liked a bit more interest from the Forum in the event but hopefully some of the CCG Group will be in attendance as well as Forum members.

So glad you enjoyed sunny South Shields at the weekend, nothing better when the weathers right.

Regards

John

Scroll up

in General Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 pm
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Good news all!!! Wife got the all clear this afternoon so we're going to have a few drinks tonight to celebrate! It's like a huge weight off my shoulders so god knows the relief that she must be feeling at the minute. Again many, many thanks to all who showed their concern, it was really appreciated by both of us.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: