RE: SAVE OUR FORESTS

in General Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:33 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

No problem with that John - Still really happy that we hopefully have made a difference.

Paul

Scroll up

RE: SAVE OUR FORESTS

in General Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

We have, Paul, without a doubt mate - many thanks!

Cheers, Dougie.

Scroll up

General Chat

in General Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:31 am
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Hi Everyone,I've had another phone call fron The One Show this morning regarding Jarrow Otter,They say It will be televised tonight(Finger's Crossed) they don't change schedule again.

Last edited Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: General Chat

in General Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Just seen Jarra Sid on the one show talking about the Otter !

Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like Brad Pitt.
No me neither

Regards
John

Last edited Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 pm | Scroll up

in General Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:44 pm
by Paul Dan | 280 Posts

Hi Lads and Lasses

I had a quick look at the feeders at Westoe cem today and I've got to say I was impressed. Well stocked up with a good variety of feed. It must cost you a fortune to keep it going. As well as the expected tits starlings woodies and sparrows was a flock of 25 Goldfinches and 3 redpolls (don't ask me what kind) Well Done but I'm amazed they don't get nicked more often.

Paul

Scroll up

in General Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm
by Icee | 8 Posts

Just watched the bit on the one show about the Otters. Nice to see the North East getting a look in.

Scroll up

in General Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:31 pm
by Jarra Sid | 938 Posts

Originally posted by johnsulli
Just seen Jarra Sid on the one show talking about the Otter !

Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like Brad Pitt.
No me neither

Regards
John

Thank's for that John,I was going to say you should go to specsaver's If you think I look like Brad Pitt.

Scroll up

in General Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 pm
by Steve Egglestone | 664 Posts

Hi Paul
Not been up myself for over a week and not seen Redpoll here before, nice one! Jan will be up there tomorra morn. on the dog walk investigating and topping up the feeders(unless Rob has beat her to it!).
Aye the feeders have cost a few bob over this winter to keep topped up etc. but have been a huge success with the birds visiting them since starting feeding here the winter before...I would estimate between myself and Rob we have provided between 120-160kg. of wild bird seed this winter here along with countless fatballs,Peanuts,Nyger/rape seed and Robs other home made efforts which have gone down well.
A cost we do not count really as its a labour of love to be able to attract bird numbers like we have over the winter here...Nest boxes in the pipeline next year we hope.

http://southtynesidebirder.blogspot.com/

Last edited Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 pm | Scroll up

in General Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Hi Paul,
To echo what Steve has said, it has been a labour of love and the results we've had this winter far outweigh the cost (but don't tell our lass it costs!) It's also given us a better idea of what's in the area if the nest boxes get the go ahead and it's been a place literally on our doorstep where we have experimented with various homemade concoctions, which has improved our knowledge of feeding wild birds and attracting various species (Steves linseed, nyger, rape seed mix for Bramblings was a great success) and a place where I can take the little'uns to watch birds at close range.
Great news about the Redpolls, the place never ceases to amaze given it's location and the amount of dog walkers that frequent the area. Hoping for a Treecreeper next!

Scroll up

in General Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm
by Mick Reavey | 36 Posts

hello all, sorry Ive not been aroubd much lately. I've been under pressure with work and college. Hopefully things are getting back to nomal now so I may even get out birding this weekend.

Adveho glorificus dies

Scroll up

in General Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm
by johnsulli | 719 Posts

Good to see you back Mick.

John

Scroll up

in General Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:22 pm
by Mick Reavey | 36 Posts

cheers John.

Adveho glorificus dies

Scroll up

in General Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:26 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Good to see you posting again, Mick

Hope that nasty college/work thingy goes away soon mate

Cheers, Dougie.

Scroll up

in General Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 am
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Hi John,

Is there anywhere on the site where you can check stats eg total number of members, posts, etc? I'd be interested to know how the site is doing with regards to recruiting new members, numbers of members actively posting, "lurkers" etc

Scroll up

in General Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:42 am
by Brian.G | 475 Posts

I filled up the feeders in my garden on Monday and they have hardly been touched. I know the sparrowhawk has been busy as the evidence is lying on the ground. I wonder if the birds have decided that as it is feels like spring it is time for 'other things'

It is also noticeable that many of the birds are going into their breeding plumage and looking very bright and colourful.

Brian

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: