RE: BIRD RINGING

in Birds & Birding Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

I Ringed that!!! Superb photo Steve.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Myself and John should be there from about 7.00am in the morning.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:46 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Not a bad morning at all today, 18 birds in the net of 8 different species. Re-traps; Great Tit(2), Long Tailed Tit(1). New birds; Long Tailed Tit(4), Blue Tit(4), Coal Tit(3), Greenfinch(1), Robin(1), Chiffchaff(1), Blackcap(1).

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:53 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Absolutely superb day of Ringing today! A total of 54 birds were caught in the nets, one of which in particular was a little beauty!
Re-traps; Robin (2), Blue Tit (2), Great Tit (1), Chiffchaff (1), Wren (1), Dunnock (1).
New birds; Blue Tit (10), Song Thrush (10), Chaffinch (4), Chiffchaff (4), Robin (3), Great Tit (3), Coal Tit (2), Goldcrest (2), Redwing (2), Goldfinch (1), Blackcap (1), Garden Warbler (1), Willow Warbler (1), Willow Tit (1), and saving the best till last, a quite magnificent YELLOW BROWED WARBLER (1). This was easily the best bird we've had so far this year and it was a treat to see it so close up. Its a beautiful little bird. The Willow Tit was another cracking bird to get in the net. Its a very scarce bird for this region, and only the second time one has been seen in the Coastal Park (that people can remember!!!). A good arrival of Thrushes were a nice sight, especially the two Redwings. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as productive.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Back down to earth today I'm afraid! 15 birds in the nets.
Re-traps; Great Tit (1), Dunnock (1)
New birds; Goldfinch (5), Blackbird (2), Robin (1), Redwing (1), Song Thrush (1), Wren (1), Blackcap (1), and probably bird of the day Brambling (1).

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:06 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

I think we all arrived this morning thinking pretty much the same thing, we'd be lucky if we get any birds today. The weather was still pretty poor but we decided to give it a go anyway to see what we got. We were astonished to get nearly 40 birds in the nets!!! Mind you, a really big flock of Long Tailed Tits accounted for nearly half that total. Also, really good numbers of Goldcrest on the mound today. Pity there wasnt something a bit better in with them. Although a Yellow Browed Warbler was seen elsewhere in the Park.

Re-traps; Blue Tit(1), Robin(1)
New birds; Long Tailed Tit(18), Goldcrest(10), Redwing(3), Robin(2), Blue Tit(1), Blackcap(1), Song Thrush(1).

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Adrian & Andy were Ringing this morning, and they had the absolute pleasure of Ringing a stunning RED FLANKED BLUETAIL. I quickly joined them and the word was put out, and a small crowd of people gathered to see the bird in the hand before being released. Another excellent bird at the best Ringing station in the north!!!

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:45 am
by Berb | 133 Posts

Haway then Jason where are the pics mate,iam stuck overseas but my moto is "See The Pic And Give It A Tick"

Nice one with the bird,looks like things are starting to turn up WHAT NEXT ?

Cheers

Bob

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:06 pm
by jason | 255 Posts

Well Bob, I'm not a photographer so I've got no pics but I know for a fact that Dougie managed to get some brilliant photies!!! Hopefully he'll get the chance to put some on here. You're definitely right about things turning up cos they've been piling in the last few days. Everything from Yellow Browed Warblers to Fieldfares have been hitting the nets and there was even a Woodcock this morning. Here's hoping we get another goodie this weekend!

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:45 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Hi Folks,
Just a few pics of yesterday’s Red-flanked bluetail in Whitburn CP, these are especially for Berb - who is fed up and far from home  (Hope all is well Bob)
Enjoy mate!
Cheers,
Dougie.

Attached pictures:
IMG_5985.JPG
IMG_6000.JPG
IMG_6010.JPG
IMG_6012.JPG
IMG_6014.JPG
IMG_6027.JPG
IMG_5985.JPG

Last edited Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 pm | Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:47 pm
by degsy_safc | 458 Posts

Nice job Dougie :-)

---------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Derek

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Thanks Jason - fingers crossed for a good weekend mate!

Cheers, Dougie.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:50 pm
by Dougie | 160 Posts

Thanks Derek - much appreciated mate
Cheers,
Dougie.

Scroll up

in Birds & Birding Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:23 pm
by sless | 150 Posts

must try and get down ,looks like lots are coming in,great work

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: