Wildlife Crime

in General Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:37 pm
by Clare | 63 Posts

Hi All,
Unfortunately I've recently had reports of wildlife crimes happening at Marsden Old Quarry LNR, including hunting rabbits using dogs and setting snares to catch wild animals. Hunting with dogs is illegal and the use of snares is strictly controlled and illegal without landowner permission. Needless to say, we have not given permission. In addition, anyone using any kind of gun (even air rifles) does not have permission and should be reported to the police.
Please can I ask all users of the quarry and any other council sites where this may be happening to do the following:
** If you see such activities taking place, please call the police immediately to give them a chance of catching the perpetrators in the act.
** If you see people who may be carrying out these activities, please note down any intelligence that may be of use (vehicle reg numbers, descriptions of people/dogs, dates & times of illegal activities). If you can safely take photo's please do.
** Please keep me informed and I can pass info onto our Police Wildlife Liaison Officer.

At all times, please put your own safety first - these people may not be very nice!

Thanks
Clare

Scroll up

RE: Wildlife Crime

in General Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:38 pm
by sless | 150 Posts

ive just forwarded this on to a couple of dog walkers that go round there

Scroll up

in General Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm
by Rob Adair | 397 Posts

Posted on my facebook business page and twitter for you Clare, plenty of local dog walkers to keep an eye out for this.

http://www.robadairpetcare.co.uk

Scroll up

in General Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 am
by Clare | 63 Posts

Thanks very much Rob & Sless, much appreciated.
Clare

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Louise
Board Statistics
The forum has 131 topics and 6552 posts.

0 members have been online today: